Microsoft has released the Lync 2013 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1). The naming conventions within “Lync” can be a little confusing. This is a CLIENT update for Lync 2013.
To enable these Lync 2013 updates, make sure both the Lyncloc and Msores packages are installed. The MS release notes say that this requires a restart of Lync 2013 after you install the update, but I believe a reboot of the client system is required.
For more information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2812461
Overview from MS:
This article describes the Microsoft Lync 2013 updates that are dated February 2013. These updates for Lync 2013 include many basic quality improvements since the initial release of Lync 2013. These updates include the following improvements:
- Enables users to hide offline contacts in the contact list.
- Enables users to receive buddy invites from untrusted networks.
Note This option is available under Alerts in Lync Options.
- Improves the support for high dots per inch (DPI) displays, for Microsoft Narrator, and for other accessibility features.
- Fixes bugs that are related to Location sharing and settings.
- Fixes bugs that are related to Tabbed Conversations.
- Enables participants to join online meetings by dialing out to their telephone number if online meetings are scheduled by a non-audio-enabled Lync 2013 user.
- Improves the handling of devices that have both a front-facing and rear-facing camera.
- Improves the user experience when you join a Lync meeting in a Lync Room System-enabled room.
The following updates are included in this release:
Note These updates affect only the Lync 2013 Desktop client. The Lync 2013 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) client is not affected, and will be updated at a later date. We do not recommend that you install these updates if you use Lync 2013 in VDI mode.