Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 was released a few months ago, but not many people could do much with it, since it didn’t support co-existence with previous versions. Finally, Exchange 2007 SP3 Rollup Update 10 and Exchange 2010 SP3 have been released to support coexistence. These are important rollup and service pack updates, as they enable coexistence with Exchange 2013.
These releases enable the following:
- Coexistence with Exchange 2013
- Coexistence with Office 365 Wave 15
- Support for Windows 2012
As always, I recommend installing in a lab environment before pushing it into production.
Exchange 2010 SP3: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36768
Exchange 2007 SP3 RU10: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36708
Exchange 2010 SP3 System Requirement Notes:
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2012
- Exchange Server 2010 SP3 System Requirements and Prerequisites
For information about Exchange 2010 system requirements and prerequisites, see the following topics:
Actual requirements will vary based on system configuration and specific features installed. For more detailed system requirements, please refer to the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library. For a list of Windows Server 2008 requirements, visit http://technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2008.
Exchange 2007 SP3 RU10 System Requirement Notes:
- Supported operating systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows XP
- Exchange Server 2007 SP3 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
This update rollup cannot be installed if you are using Exchange Server 2007 RTM, Exchange Server 2007 SP1 or Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2007 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.