Well, I’ve been pretty lazy in my lab environment for the last couple of months. I’ve finally decided it is time to migrate to a Windows 2012 R2 domain. Currently, I am running a Windows 2008 R2 domain with Exchange 2010 and Lync 2010. This article is the first in a couple of articles that are loosely related. This article will focus on:
- Creating a new VM in Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V (I know, I know, I need to update that too)
- Installing a new Windows 2012 R2 server
- Preparing the server to be a Domain Controller
- Installing the Active Directory Domain Services role
- Promoting the server to a Domain Controller.